Cutting-edge technology, dedicated faculty and an exemplary curriculum focused on post -secondary success make Plymouth Whitemarsh one of the best high schools in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Plymouth Whitemarsh High School has a long history of providing outstanding academic, technical, co-curricular and extra-curricular programs for students.
- More than 230 courses, including over 30 Advanced Placement (AP) courses (often the most offered by any high school in the county) and more than 40 honors level courses.
- A technical education program through the Central Montco Technical High School that provides hands-on training in 16 core areas including some where students can earn industry licenses and certifications.
- Chromebook computers for all students through the District's 1:1 initiative.
- Dual enrollment courses for college credit, including a series of Computer Programming classes that earned the College Board's Female Diversity Award in AP Computer Science.
- An internship program that allows for seniors to explore their chosen careers in real-world settings.
- State-of-the-art classroom laboratories in the modern science wing that are home to new forensic science and engineering courses including a national pilot of an AP Engineering curriculum accredited by E4USA.
- A World Language program that earned the Golden Globe Award from the Pennsylvania State Modern Language Association.
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Career-related programme in Business or Design that focuses on developing globally aware, well-rounded students who are encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning, responding to challenges with optimism and an open mind.
- More than 70 clubs and activities, including community service, the arts, academics, student government, cultural awareness, and more.
- A rich tradition in athletics that includes the undefeated 2022 PIAA Girls Basketball Championship team, three PIAA Boys’ Basketball Championships, a PIAA Baseball Championship, two individual PIAA Wrestling Championships, and numerous individual state championships in swimming, boys’ and girls’ track and field, and winter track. The cheerleading squad has also won regional and national championships.